Monday, December 3, 2012

Peace is beckoning........


On this Monday morning, I’m just not feeling it.  I’m not feeling the peace, the comfort and the fight it requires to get through the day.  It was an exhausting weekend for so many reasons and instead of Sabbath; I found exhaustion and depletion.  I did not manage this weekend well.  I felt stronger at the beginning of the weekend, thinking I could tackle some difficult things.  But, in the end I realized I’m still not quite ready.  I must take better care.  I must find more Sabbath; rest, restoration and worship.  I must find more time to feel God’s loving arms around me.  

On my way to work last Friday I had a vision of life swirling around me and the storms encroaching from all sides.   The drowning waves coming at me were other’s emotions, the Holidays, expectations, work, and hurting people.  I then saw myself in a boat with Jesus.  His arms were around me, protecting me, covering me and allowing me a peace from the inside out.  I had a smile on my face and look of total contentment and calm.  I think I missed the message of that vision.  While I saw it as God would give me what I needed in the storms of life, I think He was saying, “Come away with me my beloved.  Step into my boat of peace and allow the fretting’s of the world to swirl without you.  I am all you need.”

So on this Monday morning I am going to purpose to create more Sabbath time this Christmas Season; more time away with my Healer.  Schedules and business will always be there; the world thrives on it.  But this Christmas Season, this first one without Ryan, I am going to be watchful and purposeful to seek more Sabbath, more time of filling up, than emptying out.  I might find myself saying “no”, more than “yes”, but in this season, I think it is a must.  Peace is beckoning and I will heed its call.

Mark 4:37-39 

A furious squall came up, and the waves broke over the boat, so that it was nearly swamped. 38 Jesus was in the stern, sleeping on a cushion. The disciples woke him and said to him, “Teacher, don’t you care if we drown?”
39 He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Quiet! Be still!” Then the wind died down and it was completely calm.
 

2 comments:

  1. Glory, Glory to God, Who is taking you through time SO lovingly, and encouraging the rest of us through your writing. Thank you so much for standing up in the boat and giving glory to God while the wind blows against you.

    The Wedding Feast is coming; your garment of joy will be dazzling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gail - Your post is true for us all - and you, especially you and your family, need to rest in Christ's arms. You are so used to being the strong one, the one that rallys everyone else, the one that goes and does. I am encouraged to hear that you have chosen to rest - abide - remain in the boat with Christ. Marvel at the little things this season and see God's love in it all.

    Loving you
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete